Friday, March 15, 2002

Some really great pictures of an abandoned amusement park.

Frontier Village, where I played as a child, lo these many years ago.

Here is a picture of the now-removed Santa's Village, which we would drive by on the way to Santa Cruz from the Bay Area when I was a kid. Across the freeway from Santa's Village, there was also a Giant Dinosaur park (the kind with giant fake dinosaurs. Not real ones, as that can get pricey and dangerous) called The Lost World. Even now I can remember sitting in the back of my dad's 78 Impala, the seats hot from the sun, looking out the back windshield at the dinosaurs. We never stopped there, no matter how much us kids begged. I also never saw the pterodactyl. I just want to make that clear.

Never once.

My sisters would point at the pterodactyl and say "don't you see it?" I don't know to this day if it was really there.

Seriously weird K Gordon Murray Santa Featurette Page

Hmm. All this talk of theme parks. Let's go to the fun fun fun Parc Asterix in France, shall we?

Pages

Blog Archive