Friday, March 15, 2002

Is there any reason at all why someone (like someone who wrote me a memo here at work) would draw diagonal lines through his "s"-es when he writes? They almost look like dollar signs.

I draw a horizontal line through my 7s so they dont look like 1s, but "s"??? Is this so I don't think it's a 5 or something? I have never looked at the word "stop" and momentarily been confused that it really said "5top" or "fivetop".

This is an example of someone doing something in the interest of making things easier to understand, but in fact making them really weird and confusing. I think I'll write a message back with all the Rs upside-down and the e's replaced by the letter sequence "toofoofle". Maybe that would get the point across about not creating your own alphabet just because you feel like it.

I don't want to have to use a decoder ring or the Rosetta Stone or something just to read a memo.

Pages

Blog Archive