Wednesday, November 27, 2002

Alright, hummingbirds. The jig is up.

For years I've bought this garbage about you little guys. How you beat your wings 8,000 times per second and you never slow down and you're always just zooming around making the rest of us look bad.

Well, recently, I've started to see a few hummingbirds just sitting around on tree branches. That's right! Just sitting there, not doing anything at all.

Don't look at me like that.

The way I see it, you've got a couple of options here, or I go public with this:

1. Pick up the pace a little. I don't want to see any more lounging around. I want you out there collecting pollen 24-7 (or whatever it is that you're doing with those flowers)

or

b. Tell the world that it's all a lie. That you, too, get a little tired and need a rest every now and then. I'm sure the world would understand, after the initial shock and consequent rebuilding of our entire value and belief systems, which will have been thrown into a nightmarish maelstrom where we question the relevance of even our own existence.

Pages

Blog Archive