Wednesday, November 13, 2002

Man, have I had Boiling Point out from NetFlix for a long time!

It's not even that I don't want to watch it. I do want to. I like Takeshi Kitano a lot, even if he can be a little demented sometimes.

It's just that I enjoy pissing off the next person who has it in their queue*.

I'm sure, for the first couple of weeks, he thought "Cool! I'm glad someone else out there is enjoying this edgy Yakuza flick."

Weeks 3 and 4 may have brought a sense of indignation.

By week 6, he may have begin to suspect that someone (me, in this equation) was keeping the DVD for an unreasonable amount of time. He may have something there.

If you're out there, Boiling Point guy, I swear I'm going to watch the movie soon, and maybe just a month or so after that, I'll return it. How's April for you?

*In case you don't know, NetFlix is an online service where you rent DVDs and they mail them to you in nice red envelopes** that make you feel important. You put your desired rentals in a queue, and when the next one is available, they send it to you. In the queue, your choices have little notes to tell you how long it will be until they are available, like Now, Short Wait, Long Wait, or Forget it. Some Foul Trickster Has Had This DVD Gathering Dust on His Early 70s Teak Wood Wall Unit for 3 Months. Go Rent Tron Again.

**The envelopes are postage paid. I have come up with a complex scheme utilizing NetFlix envelopes whereby I would never have to pay for postage again. Obviously, such a scheme would require some elaborate precision, and for the phone company to sign up for movies right after I do, but I'm confident with a little research, this thing could pay off. Failing that, I'm looking into the possiblity of drug trafficking using copies of Porky's 3.

Pages

Blog Archive