Friday, August 30, 2002

Also, I'd like to clear things up about this Richard Gere thing.

Yesterday was third time someone has told me that I look like Richard Gere, star of such light classics as The Mothman Prophecies. I never saw The Mothman Prophecies. I think it had something to do with Moths. Like some creepy old guy saying "Beware the moths!" a lot. Or maybe some guy dresses up as a moth and eats all of Richard Gere's socks. I don't know.

I don't look a lot like Richard Gere. We are both bipeds. I'll give you that. Then there's the thing with us both having eyes and legs. And hair. And the same general number of fingers. Other than that, there is not too much similarity. And also, Richard Gere is not a very good celebrity to look like. The whole rodent thing is not something I want to be associated with, urban legend or no.

And honestly, I look more like Richard Gere than, say, a 500 lb Samoan guy with facial tattoos, but that's about as far as I'm willing to go.

It is pretty cool though, to party with the Dalai Lama.

Pages

Blog Archive