Monday, October 01, 2001

A couple of random things:

First, let me clear the air about this whole Clamato thing: The Clamato people (by "Clamato people" I mean "the people who answer email at Clamato", not "people actually made out of Clamato", which is a whole other story and probably is wiser left untold) sent me a response saying their shipment to me of well over a dollar's worth of valuable Clamato stuff was returned to them for insufficient address. So, let's all wait on the "angry mob attacking the Clamato offices with torches" thing, at least for a couple more days, OK?

Next, a meditation on getting old:

Amiable rogue Kafkaesque is getting old. Yesterday my wife was hacking off my ponytail, which was beginning to resemble something larger birds have been roosting in. Every grey hair she found, she would yank from my head and hand to me, until I had a little pile of grey hairs sitting on my lap. There were about ten of them. So if you want to get into my will or anything, you better hurry up and get on my good side. Sending me some delicious Baked Alaska is always a good start. Or maybe you could make a card out of Bow Tie Pasta. That always goes over well, and shows you can't put a price on your admiration and respect for me.

So there you go. I am going to be thirty in about a month and a half, and already entropy is setting in. My systems are breaking down.

Also, I have been to three weddings in the last three weeks. Oldness.

I have just become an uncle for the first time as well, which makes the whole getting old thing just about bearable. My nephew looks, well, pretty much like a baby. He's baby-sized and has all the good features you look for in a baby: arms, legs and a couple of ears, which he enjoys fingering and yanking on. Anyway, I just wanted to say how proud I am of the little guy, even though he's been here over a week now and has yet to start looking for a job. With all the crap going on in the world right now, you can look at the little guy and have hope for mankind again. My sister and brother-in-law have given me a great gift in adding this little guy to our family, and I can't wait to start spoiling him like the dickens.

Pages

Blog Archive