I Am Running
Not for office. No. I am running from the Dog Police. You've got to help me.
I have the song Dog Police stuck in my head, and I only know the line "You've got me running from the Dog Police!"
I guess that's enough.
The only cure known to mankind.
Also, as an addendum to that last fancy post with all the pictures, the wifely friend wanted me to share that I did, in fact, fall off a ladder while working on our guest room. I was scraping the acoustic off the ceiling and standing on one of those little metal folding stepstools. I was leaning out over one of the bookcases to get the last bit of acoustic off the corner, when the things just collapsed under me.
But the strangest thing happened.
I was totally uninjured. I went down instantly, from perching on the stool to flat on my stomach, my chin lightly settling on the hardwood floor. I remember as I fell that I was sure the really heavy bookcase would topple over on me and maim me for life. But somehow, not even a bruise.
Also, the wifely friend was filled with sympathy, when she stopped laughing. And she was quick to point out that it only happened because I managed, in my expert fashion, to assemble the stepstool wrong.
There. I hope you're happy.
- ► 2017 (20)
- ► 2006 (15)
- ► 2005 (31)
- What Part Is This Again? This is the part where...
- Eary Something deeply troubling happened yester...
- Here, Have Some Links I don't do this very ofte...
- Blatant Self-Interest Today is the day. The day...
- Brain Hurt Please go and have a look at this ve...
- I Am Running Not for office. No. I am running f...
- Expert-ese "I am an expert." It's the phrase I ...
- Despair So, it seems to be over, and Bush will ...
- Vote, Ye Mighty Hi again. It seems that there i...
- ▼ November (9)
- ► 2003 (205)
- ► 2002 (337)