Something deeply troubling happened yesterday. I noticed that I am developing long and luxurious -- I would even say Fu Manchu-esque -- ear hair.
For those of you who haven't already clicked away, let me just say that this isn't the "growing out of the earhole" sort of ear hair. That, while disgusting and disconcerting in a very real way, is to be expected. This is the "growing off the sides of my ears" ear hair.
I don't know what this means, but the really deeply frightening thought I had yesterday, as I stared at this new development in the mirror, with roughly the same expression as the guy had when he had just torn his face off in Poltergeist, was that I will never have less ear hair than at this precise moment in time.
I wonder if Hallmark makes a card for that?
To my darling husband
On our anniversary
The leaves have blown across our lives
We have weathered many storms
And your ear hair is creeping me out.
Please keep your
demented ear hair
contained within a hat
Or perhaps muffs.
- ► 2006 (15)
- ► 2005 (31)
- What Part Is This Again? This is the part where...
- Eary Something deeply troubling happened yester...
- Here, Have Some Links I don't do this very ofte...
- Blatant Self-Interest Today is the day. The day...
- Brain Hurt Please go and have a look at this ve...
- I Am Running Not for office. No. I am running f...
- Expert-ese "I am an expert." It's the phrase I ...
- Despair So, it seems to be over, and Bush will ...
- Vote, Ye Mighty Hi again. It seems that there i...
- ▼ November (9)
- ► 2003 (205)
- ► 2002 (337)