Today is the day. The day when Neil Young was born, and Booker T of Booker T and the MGs fame. And me, too. I am thirty-three today. As far as our contributions to society and art in general go, I would probably come in third on that particular list. But no matter!
Today I will venture, as I did in my youth, to the Hundred Acre Wood, where the happy animals will caper and cavort, and bring me vodka-tonics. The birds will sing merrily. Perhaps they will break into Green Onions or The Needle and The Damage Done, just to keep continuity. Piglet will perform a duet with Eddie Vedder, but will grow disenchanted with his monotony, and attack him mid-song. Eddie will lie bleeding on the loamy earth as the animated toys dance around his cooling body.
Sorry. Getting a little weird there.
Thirty-three is nice in a numerological sense. It's nice to be divisible by eleven, I have to say.
Also, Jesus was allegedly crucified when he was thirty-three, so I'd better 1. get busy, and 2.be on my guard for Romans.
- ► 2006 (15)
- ► 2005 (31)
- What Part Is This Again? This is the part where...
- Eary Something deeply troubling happened yester...
- Here, Have Some Links I don't do this very ofte...
- Blatant Self-Interest Today is the day. The day...
- Brain Hurt Please go and have a look at this ve...
- I Am Running Not for office. No. I am running f...
- Expert-ese "I am an expert." It's the phrase I ...
- Despair So, it seems to be over, and Bush will ...
- Vote, Ye Mighty Hi again. It seems that there i...
- ▼ November (9)
- ► 2003 (205)
- ► 2002 (337)