Things have been lonely and sad in the Kafkaesque household. The wife is out of town for days at a time on business. I eat solitary dinners, chatting with the cat about the 9/11 hearings. I watch movies. I make terrible sounds on the gueetar. I put off the chores.
But something happened this morning that showed me I am truly losing it, that my isolation has turned to some sort of sickness: I was leaving for work and realized that I forgot to drink coffee. That's right. I forgot to grind the beans, get out the filter, heat the water. All that stuff. I mean, if I had just forgot one step, like putting the filter in the little Melitta cone, that would be understandable, but totally missing the entire coffee element of my morning? It's worrying.
It's like forgetting to unzip your pants before going to the bathroom. Or wondering why you're not at work, when you forgot to drive your car there.
I fear for my mind.
- ► 2017 (23)
- ► 2006 (15)
- ► 2005 (31)
- The Wisdom of Spam I'd just like to personally ...
- I just booked a hotel at an alarmingly cheap rate ...
- Braking Away I return to you from bizarre car d...
- No man can eat 100 Peeps
- Solitary Things have been lonely and sad in the...
- Oh, also, and for no reason: Cthulhu v. The Superh...
- On the Loss of Opportunity We just got a new ro...
- The End of Days In high school, a couple of fri...
- ▼ April (8)
- ► 2003 (205)
- ► 2002 (337)