Well, the entries have been pouring in for the "Let's imagine Babar, King of the Elephants in unseemly film and literature" contest. Well, it's kind of a contest. The kind of contest where you don't win anything and there's no real criteria for judging. It's like a midway game where a cruel carny gives you a softball that you know can never ever knock down those milk bottles, but you have to try anyway.
And then, against all odds you manage to knock down those bottles, and your heart leaps into your throat and just as you think, just for a moment, for one fleeting second "I am a winner, dammit!", some guy steals your car stereo in the parking lot.
That kind of contest.
Here's the winners, that my wife and I just judged:
12 Angry Babars
The Unbearbale Lightness of Babar
The Last Temptation of Babar
Faster Babar! Kill! Kill!
The Madness of King Babar
A Confederacy of Babars
It Happened to Babar One Night
Babar of Nazareth
Conan, The Babarian
Star Trek: The Wrath of Babar
Richard (who has no linkability):
Pier Palo Pasolini's Salo: 120 Days of Babar (alternately, Babar: 120 Days of Sodom)
Babarella, Queen of the Galaxy (It should be noted that this was a multiple entry, with Skot's Babarbarella, Queen of the Galaxy)
Congratulations to all the winners. Years from now, when someone's bothering you in a bar, you can tell them the story of how you thought up the best damn Babar jape ever, and rest assured that they'll leave you alone and possibly notify the authorities.
- ► 2006 (15)
- ► 2005 (31)
- ► 2004 (85)
- Oh, and one last thing today: I went and change...
- Now that that bit of ugliness is behind us, so to ...
- I had a first today. It was the first time this...
- They pass, these people from accounting and custom...
- Sorry for the absence between updates here, but so...
- When I have to discipline my hapless lackeys here ...
- The Aquariass Aquarium Toilet Seems like a grea...
- So I dropped the wife off at the airport today to ...
- 13 Labs Garden springs terror on an unsuspecting w...
- It is indeed a hard world for little things. Co...
- We went and saw Tindersticks at the Henry Fonda Th...
- Well, the entries have been pouring in for the "Le...
- I'm so glad to see that Arnold Schwarzenegger is r...
- Here's a My Life As An American Gladiator fun game...
- I just happened to be perambulating around the web...
- There is no situation that could not be worse if o...
- ▼ August (16)
- ► 2002 (337)