The Difficult Year
And lo, it was My Life as an American Gladiator's third birthday.
All the animals of the forest gathered to mark this special day. All except the squirrels. They were demonstrating that the site was unfair to the squirrel population as a whole and never gave them nuts or acorns to help them through the hard winter months, when squirrels live in fear of hypothermia, due to their failure to understand the principles of polar fleece.
The squirrels eventually drifted to the periphery of the big shindig, feeling a little silly that their principled stand was keeping them from what looked like really, really good punch, if the drunken antics of the pine martens were anything to go by. They discussed whether it would be in their best interests to give up the protest and go have a little well deserved fun, or to try to lure some of the more easily led woodland creatures over to their side.
A compromise was reached whereby the squirrels would join the party, but not have any fun. And that's what My Life as an American Gladiator's Third Birthday is all about: squirrels pretending not to have fun.
So yes, now we are three. We've lived and laughed and loved. We're on solid food and almost potty-trained. If we were Scotch, we'd have a few years to go to be worthwhile.
Also, I'm turning the comments on for one (1) day.
Update: That day is now over. Thanks for your input and ideas about synergy and the future role of this blog as a leading provider of twenty-first century solutions for small businesses and large conglomerates both.
- ► 2006 (15)
- ► 2005 (31)
- Incidentally, if anyone with a bigger brain than m...
- What Was Forgotten I forgot my long standing t...
- The Difficult Year And lo, it was My Life as an...
- Rock 'n' Roll Holiday Escape! [warning: atrocious ...
- The Birds and They Heads You may remember, if y...
- Panic! The wife just called me and asked in ru...
- Senate Scuttles Gay Marriage Amendment By a who...
- Contractions We've been dealing with contractor...
- Take Action! Tell your Senators to Oppose the Dis...
- Lego desk! [via jedi]
- ▼ July (10)
- ► 2003 (205)
- ► 2002 (337)